Monday, June 3, 2013

Baby #2 Love

My life is so all Henry, all the time, I thought I should take a moment to give a shout out to Baby #2.  

Baby #2  has been so easy compared to my first pregnancy.  I only get sick a couple of times a week, but that's really it!  With Henry I craved fruit all the time.  With this one, it's Chick-fil-a, and Raising Cane's.  But Henry and I stay super active, and found a walking trail that we love, so we walk 2.5-3 miles a few times a week.  That should balance out Chick-fil-a, right??

I never took weekly pictures of my pregnant belly with Henry.  I've only taken 1 with this one so far.  Here's me at 17 weeks:

I don't know what this kid has been doing in there the past 3 weeks, but I am almost 20 weeks now and CONSIDERABLY bigger.  Maybe it was the Reese's, Cane's, and turtle cheesecake from my last post.  Just a theory.

We could have found out the gender today at our sonogram, but decided not to.  But it's a boy.  Wanna know how I know?  Look at this face:


That's a boy face.  (I have some serious apologizing to do if this turns out to be a girl.  She will be so sad that I thought her face was boy-ish)  He is about 6 inches long from head to bottom and weighs about 1/2 pound.  Or, as my weekly email put it, "about the size of a large tomato".  My due date is October 24.  Just in time for cute tiny Halloween costumes.  YAY!

In other good news, I passed my 3 hour glucose screening!  I had gestational diabetes with Henry, so they screened me early since I have a good chance of getting it again with all future pregnancies.  I failed my 1-hour test, so I had to go back in for the 3-hour test.  I wasn't feeling good about it.  I just assumed I would fail.  But I got a call today that everything was normal, and they will retest me in a couple of months.  WOOHOO!  Bring on the carbs!  Oh pasta, how I love you!

At the sonogram this morning it was opening and closing its mouth, and the doctor said it was drinking.  It might be the sweetest thing I've seen.  I don't feel any huge karate kicks like I did with Henry yet.  Right now it's just gentle little nudges.  Let's hope that's an indication of this one's personality.  Laid-back, calm, peaceful....  I can always dream, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment