Saturday, April 7, 2012

3 Months Old!

Henry turned 3 months old on Wednesday!  I can't believe how much he is growing and changing.  It seems like this week everyone has told me how big he looks all of a sudden.  A lady at Target told me he looks like a 6 month old!  She said she couldn't believe a 3 months old was that alert and active.  Believe me, I know.  We get that a lot.

 He is sleeping better at night but still moves and makes noises all the time, even in his sleep.  He goes to bed about 10pm, then wakes up once during the night, and is up around 6am to go to the babysitter's house.  

He loves playing with his friends at the babysitter's house and in his class at church.  This week he sat at the table to listen to the Bible lesson for the first time.  He still loves to be outside and has started really watching our dogs run around in the backyard.  His newest fun trick is blowing bubbles and making spitting noises.  He is SO close to rolling from his back to his stomach and likes to talk to the animals dangling on his playmat.

He laughed at Sam a couple of times last week when Sam was giving him kisses.  Henry smiles and talks ALL THE TIME.  I see lots of "Let's see who can be quiet the longest" contests in our future like we had to do with my brother to get him to be quiet.  He has started to snuggle a little more, and will lay his head on our shoulder or chest, which he has never been still enough to do before.  His favorite activity is splashing in his bathtub.  It's the one thing we can count on to make him happy when he is mad.  He constantly has dirt between his toes and under his fingernails and I have no idea where it comes from!  Maybe little boys just grow dirt under their nails?

His hair is growing like crazy and is blond and very fuzzy.  His eyes are getting bluer and still don't miss a thing.  He is finally getting some meat on his long bird legs, and he has some serious cheeks going on.  Hank is not quite wearing 3 month clothes, but newborn clothes are a little snug.  Every single week I think "he's the perfect size and age".  He's just beautiful. 

We did not have a very successful 3 month photo shoot. He is on the go so much and all you get is a blur, but you get the idea.






He's had enough pictures, time to get down!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have this blog. I get to keep up with him (and you!) without being there. Looking forward to the day I get to hold him.

    Your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your son!! He is precious!

    ReplyDelete