Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Friends, Family, and Sonic

Our little man is 4 weeks old today!  Sam and I don't even remember life without him.  I'm sure it was full of good night's sleep and naps, but it was also probably very boring.

This is pretty much the extent of their playdate
Henry has had quite an eventful week!  Henry and I are reaching the point where we have to get out of the house every day to maintain our sanity.  Last week we went on a walk up and down the street and  wandered around the mall.  You know you're tired when you seriously consider taking a little nap in the mattress section at Macy's.   We go to Sonic every day at Happy Hour.  I don't want to be the creepy lady that is at the same Sonic at the same time each day, so I try to vary locations. Luckily we live close to about 4 Sonics, so I try to rotate.  We also went to see Henry's new friend Jaxon!  Jaxon was not due until mid-February, but was born 12 days after Henry.  Jaxon was teeny tiny next to my 8lb chubby boy.  I can't wait for them to make messes and get dirty together!  It was also wonderful to talk to another brand-new first time mom.  It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one that has no idea what I am doing!  Is a pacifier ok?  How often are they eating? How much is too much poop?  Not enough poop?  Who knows.

Henry went to church for the third time on Sunday.  He let us go to the service, class, and even out to eat with friends afterward!  We were all doing so well, until he peed out of the side of his diaper and onto my dress during lunch.  Check please!

In his very handsome church clothes from "Coach"


My Aunt Connie and cousin Madeline came all the way from Lufkin to see him on Saturday.  He loves them.  He just slept and cuddled with them all afternoon. I need to put them on our payroll to take over our night shifts.  My family has wanted a baby named Hank in the family for a long time.  I can't say it enough, this little guy is so loved!



We had a great day yesterday.  We went to Hobby Lobby for the first time since he was born-I don't know how they managed to stay in business without my daily visits!  It was beautiful outside, so we went to a park by our house and walked around a little trail.  I was able to sit on a bench and read a book while Henry just looked around and listened to the other kids playing.  We were there for an hour and a half, and Hank just took it all in.  He loves to be outside, I'm pretty sure he is going to be "outdoorsy" like his daddy.






Up next:  a trip to Sherman to see my grandfather for his 93rd birthday, and a trip to Abilene to see the Morgans and meet Uncle Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment