Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Henry-isms

Henry is growing up so fast.  I needed to write down all his funny Henry-isms before I forget them all!  I have decided that 2-year old boys are the best little creatures in the universe...most of the time.  As I write this, he is in his play kitchen making up a ballad about chicken. ("Bok Cheeeeeeeee!  OHHHHH bok cheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!)

He talks ALL. THE. TIME.  We understand most of what he says.   Here are my favorite Henry words and their translation:
Chicken:  "Bok chee"  The sound a chicken makes, combined with the word chicken.  Obviously.
Coach and Sweetie:  "Gooch and Weewee"
Sawyer:  "Yaya"
Water:  "Lala"
Dad:  "Dam"  I secretly hope this one sticks.
Henry:  "Heenny"
The most common phrase we hear is "I do it!" He does not understand that he is two, and cannot do everything adults can do.  That is the source of 90%  of tantrums around here.  He also says "I funny", "Sawyer shy", "Sawyer sad", and "I found it!" a lot.

Some favorite Henry stories from the last couple of weeks:
*Last night Henry and I were at Wal Mart in line behind an Asian family with a baby in the cart.  Henry pointed to the baby and yelled, "Sawyer!  I found him!"
*Last week we were driving to school and I asked him if the sun was in his eyes.  He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "No, it outside."
*Henry's new favorite place is the Science Museum.  There part where you can experiment with wind and use different materials to play with aerodynamics.  Henry likes to stick his face over the blower.
 Henry has a few household chores right now.  He puts away the forks and spoons when I unload the dishwasher, cleans up his toys, and cleans the windows.  And he's so stinkin' cute doing it.

 We took a drawer out of the coffee table, and it has become his new favorite tv-watching spot.

Heading home from school, we were stuck in horrible traffic.  This is Henry's reaction to me wildly dancing and singing to the Toddler radio station.  He thinks his mom is hilarious.

 This is the outfit he chose for me to wear on Valentine's Day.

He loves feeding the ducks when we go on a walk.  He chases them around yelling, "DUCKS!!! COME HERE!!!!  EAT!"

This is the rooster he made during library toddler time.  He has a Picasso style about his crafts.

I told Henry to go brush his hair to get ready for church.  He came out wearing my headband and said, "I CUUUUTE!"   He also called the auto parts at Pep Boys cute.

This weekend he started sleeping in a toddler bed.  The first night was great, he didn't move a muscle.  The second night he played for a little while, then got quiet.  I checked on him about 2am and found him like this, sound asleep.

I love having someone to eat cookie dough in the kitchen floor with me.

Wearing his pig ears at the stockshow.

He thought eating spaghetti was hilarious.

*He constantly tries to find a way to get around our rules.  He was jumping on the couch, and I told him to stop jumping.  He did it again and said, "I hopped!"  He was using his wooden hammer and hitting the wall with it and I told him to stop hitting the wall.  He said, "Ok I hit the door."  Little stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment