Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Henry's First Haircut

Henry's hair was getting long and out of control.  I was putting off taking him to get his haircut, because I was pretty sure it was going to be an awful experience for us all.  Yesterday I decided to suck it up and just go do it.  We talked all day about how much fun it is to get a haircut, and how big boys get their hair cut.  We talked about how he would get to eat some candy if he sat for his haircut.  
When I took him in, I told the lady we were there to "attempt" a first haircut.  I told her I didn't really think it would happen, but maybe he could just sit in the chair and get used to the idea, and maybe he would be warmed up for it another day.  

He was AWESOME.  He got to sit in a firetruck, watch Thomas the train on a little tv in front of him, and eat a sucker.  Every little boy's dream come true!

 I wasn't expecting how sad I would be to see that shaggy "little boy" mess of hair gone!  She cut more than I really wanted her to, but I know it will grow in just a couple of weeks.  Today I spiked it up with a little gel, and I like it a lot more.  He doesn't look as dorky now.  Our sweet baby is getting so big!



No comments:

Post a Comment