Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Surprise!

So, remember in January when Sam and I had a relaxing few days in Playa del Carmen?  Well we brought back a souvenir. Not Mexican vanilla, or a figurine of 3 mariachi band frogs.  But this:

 I'll give you a moment to pick your jaw up off the floor...

And now, to answer some of the FAQs:

1.  Did you mean to?   No, it was not planned.  (Not by us at least.  God has quite a sense of humor.)  We were going to wait a couple of years before thinking about going for #2.  I cried for a day or two, but now I'm excited.  I feel blessed to be pregnant when so many women would love to be.

2. Don't you two know how babies are made! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)  No I've always wondered that, please tell me every detail!

3. Boy or girl?  We don't know yet, and aren't going to find out before the baby is born.  We already have most of the gender-neutral stuff we'll need, and it's going to have to share a room with Henry anyway.  We'll slap a bow on her if she's a girl.  I'm sure the grandmas can find time to get a dress or two.

4. How are you feeling?  Amazing!  I was sick the WHOLE time with Henry and have felt almost nothing with this one.  Other than a day or two of just feeling gross, it's been a breeze so far!

5. How is Henry going to do with a little brother or sister?   I think he'll be great.  His teachers at school are always telling me how sweet he is to the other kids.  He loves his friends and needs a little one to play with at home. 

6. When are you due?  The end of October.   Hence all the tiny baby Halloween costumes I'm pinning on Pinterest. 

So, your prayers would be great.  Prayers that the pregnancy would continue to go smoothly, prayers that I suddenly get amnesia and forget how horrifyingly awful Henry was in the first few months of his life, prayers for a happy, healthy little one who sleeps through the night from the moment he/she is born.... :)

1 comment: