Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's Probably Going to be a Pirate.

         You never know what you will be asked when announcing your pregnancy to a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds.    We played the game "Sink the Ship" at the end of the day (it's like Hangman, but less disturbing.  Except a ship is sinking and there's a man onboard with a sad face.  So I guess it's really not that much better.) Even after they guessed the sentence, the all just looked at me blankly for awhile.  I had to finally day, "I have a baby in my tummy!"  Here are a few of my favorite responses:

-"But Mrs. Amy, didn't you JUST have a baby?!"
-"But you already have Henry, and he's a little bit crazy."
-"How do babies keep getting in there?!"  (I pretended like I didn't hear this one.)
-"My teachers are ALWAYS pregnant!"
-I stretched my shirt tight over my stomach and told them there is a baby in there and my tummy is going to start getting bigger and bigger.  A sweet, sweet little girl said, "It's already kinda roundish!"
And after someone asked if it's a boy or girl, I said, "I won't know what it's going to be until it comes out!"  To which a student says quietly and solemnly to himself, "It's probably going to be a pirate."  

Probably so, Jackson. Probably so.


No comments:

Post a Comment