Thursday, December 6, 2012

11 Months & Holiday Nakedness


My baby will be a year old next month.  Crazy.  I'm going to need lots of Kleenex I think.  

Henry took his first steps last week!  The most he has taken is 8 so far.  He gets super proud of himself and dances, flaps his arms, and bounces up and down.  He doesn't always cooperate, but he will get in moods where he wants to practice.

He has 12 teeth!  His back molars are taking forever to come in, and are really painful sometimes :(  I'm also excited that he has started to love books.  He will grab a book, then back up to sit in our lap.  He loves playing with his friends at school and still loves taking walks in his wagon and looking at cars.  We saw a school bus on our walk the other day, and the bus driver stopped the bus and opened the door because she said she HAD to meet my handsome baby.  Seeing a bus that close made Henry's day!


Henry is working on learning some new signs.  He does "more" and "all done".  We are trying to teach him "please", "thank you", "milk", and "grapes".  This kid LOVES grapes.  It's fun to see him try to copy what Sam and I do.  The other day we were at Chili's, and Henry pretended to dip his chip in the salsa like we were doing.  Sam pretends to bang his head on the door to make Henry laugh, so now Henry pretends to bang his head on the door.  I got cracker crumbs on my pants and brushed them off with my hand, so he brushed the "crumbs" off his pants, too.

This kid loves to be naked.  I mean, he LOVES to be naked.  We let him crawl around the house naked for a little while after every bath.  He crawls as fast as he can and giggles.  He's going to kill me in 12 years for these pictures, but I couldn't resist.  Check out that physique.

 My favorite part of the day is rocking him at night.  He's so snuggly and he's finally still enough for me to kiss his fuzzy head.  We stare at each other, and I love when he holds my hand or touches my face.  I pray for him, for his future, for his wife (heaven help her), and pray that he knows how much we love him.  I try every night to remember every detail of him, because it's all going so fast.   Oh, how we love him.

1 comment: