Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Henry Goes to the Zoo

We took Henry to the zoo for the first time Saturday!  Our wonderful Aunt Debby gave us tickets a while ago, and we decided to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend.  I really think he liked it.

 Well,  he threw up in the car on the way to the zoo so we had to pull over and wipe down him, his carseat, and the entire back seat of my car.  I just assumed he was car sick or something.  Rookie Mom mistake.  I was so excited about the idea of taking him to the zoo for the first time, that I insisted that we still go.  I was also feeling a little queasy, but being covered in sour baby vomit will do that to ya, right?.   **Side note**  Our "feeling a little queasy" turned into full-blown, gosh awful stomach virus a few hours later.  I'll spare you the details, but it was bad.  Real bad.

 I don't think he really saw any of the actual zoo animals.  He really liked all the kids, the pigeons, and the squirrels though.  And there was a part of the zoo with a little tv, he got really excited about that.
That's pure excitement, written all over his face.


Fascinated by people, totally ignoring the magnificent zebra behind him

A baby giraffe. Almost cuter than my own child.

I made him pose with every animal statue there.


Henry, there's a lion behind you.  Stop staring at the blackbird.

Don't you just want to hug this guy?!



This picture is for my little brutha.  He coaches in Sonora, and this was a replica of the caverns in Sonora.
 Henry is clearly excited about it.

This reminds me of Forrest Gump, when he goes to see Jenny and meets little Forrest for the first time and they sit
 on the floor and watch Burt and Ernie together and tilt their heads to the side.  

HENRY!  FLAMINGOS! RIGHT BEHIND YOU, SON!

I don't know why he unbuttoned the top 2 buttons on his shirt.   It must have been to impress the ladies.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I know I've said it before (and what mom doesn't wanna hear it again and again?), but your son is so precious!!! I WANT him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so old and adorable in that Senora pic! I'm sorry you two weren't feeling well. :*( Hope you are better!

    ReplyDelete