Tuesday, September 11, 2012

8 Months

I haven't posted any Henry stories in awhile, because we haven't had any awful adventures lately!  Last weekend we went to east Texas to visit my family.  We went to a high school pep rally, then went to watch my super cute cousin dance at the Lufkin HS football game.  I was prepared for major Hank drama.  But he was angelic.  Didn't even make a sound at the game, let everyone pass him around and "oooh and ahhh" over him.  No blog material.

He actually turned 8 months old last week.  We didn't get our photo shoot done last week because he got 4 more teeth, started pulling up and furniture surfing, and started speed crawling.  Awful teething AND constant bumps and bruises all rolled into one glorious week.  He was not "camera ready" last week.  And his momma did not have the patience to attempt it last week.

So here we go.  This morning I decided to attempt 8 month pictures.  He did have sweet potatoes and pears on his forehead and stuck in his eyelashes, but I didn't want to wash it off and risk upsetting the beast.  He hates to have his face washed.  He was also fascinated by the sticker on his shirt.  He kept trying to pull it off so I had to use Puffs to distract him.  Here we go...

It started off so well....


He wanted me to get a shot of him crawling.  He used to do a weird crawling combo.  It sort of looked like an inchworm with a peg leg, mixed with some bear crawls, mixed with various yoga poses.  But he's mastered the traditional crawling now!



Hank also wanted me to mention that he is NOT wearing skinny jeans.  They were just a little snug.





And then, he remembered the sticker.   Off it goes.


This is a picture of his victory yell when the sticker was finally off.


And then it all fell apart.   Here he is, grabbing the camera strap.


Here he is, rubbing his dirty hands on the lense.


And here he is, eating the lense cover thingie.


And this is how I knew he was done with pictures.



Ever wonder what it's like trying to photograph an 8 month old? 
This pretty much sums it up.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha!! Love it!! The skinny jeans comment made me laugh! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete